This post is going to be all about soulmates. In my opinion a soulmate doesn’t have to be someone who you’re romantically involved with; but it can also be someone you are just friends with. In my life there are people who just understand me for me and who I don’t have to change or be different around. A soulmate is someone who understands and connects with you in every way and on every level, which brings a sense of peace, calmness and happiness when you are around them. A soulmate doesn’t have to be someone you are romantic with and this post is going to discuss how your best friend can totally be your soulmate.
A soulmate is someone you can’t live without and in my case I can’t imagine my best friend not being with me for the rest of my life. She understands me, she tries to stop me from doing stupid things (which I usually end up doing anyway) and she always makes me laugh.
The first time I met my best friend was in maths when we were both sat together in a new seating plan which was set by our terrifying teacher. One lesson in and I was sure she would always be my best friend.
One of the best things about having her in my life is that it’s just nice to know you have that one person you can always rely on to run to for advice even if it’s stupid without having to be worried you’ll look like an idiot or that you’ll get judged.
I think you can assume it’s real friendship once you just get in to the habit of getting told something by someone else that’s top secret and then straight away texting your bff with exactly what you were just told. (Yes it could cause drama but are they really your bff if you don’t tell them any secret you’re told).
Reasons why my best friend is my soulmate:
- SHE’S THE BEST. She’s just person in the entire world. It’s like she’s my favourite person and I always want to be around her.
- She’s amazing.
- When she leaves I’m like wait now I have to sit in silence watching TV shows but without you????
- I can do stupid stuff and she will just laugh along with me.
- A 2 minute walk to fill up our water bottles turns out to be the highlight of my day.
- If we ever have a fight it’s resolved in 0.5 seconds (and if it isn’t I have a complete meltdown).
- I can just sit and cry and not feel self conscious in front of her.
- I can ask her for outfit ideas and she will be honest on what I should wear.
- She has introduced me to such good music that I actually can’t believe I hadn’t heard before I knew her.
- When something good happens to her I feel so so happy I could throw her a party.
- I endlessly complain to her but she just puts up with it.
- I can eat so much more food than I should around her and she won’t judge me.
A soulmate can be someone you love, it can be a family member or it can be your best friend. It’s your person, that one person you go to first. I don’t know what I would do without my best friend and I hope she knows that xxx
She’s my person and she will always be my person. (Grey’s Anatomy reference even though my bff refuses to watch it with me).
Take care and try not to worry too much,